It’s hard to find the right eToro Copy Trader out of the millions of traders. Using my eToro Copy Trader filter system, I’ve decided to pick 5 copy traders each month and track their progress. I’ll track them all and judge their performance against certain criteria. Below you’ll find my chosen Copy Traders.
In order to be transparent in my choices and rules – This is how i’m going to pick and choose the Copy Traders for the competition
- Must align to the my filters.
- Copy for at least 4 months minimum before performance review.
- $SPY added as a market comparison indicator.
- Maximum of 20-25 traders to copy at any given time.
- Default Copy Stop Loss.
- $500 per copier and no additional funds.
- Abled to be copied (i.e. not private profile or high risk).
- Ranked on profit/time copied (i.e. the amount of profit divided by months copied).
- Copy open trades.
- Negative fees can’t be more than 10% of invested amount.
- Lowest performing trader relevant to their time will have 1 month to rectify results or they will fall off the list.
- When a copy trader is removed from the list, they will be replaced with another one, until the limit is reached.
- Once removed from the competition, they can’t be added again.
- They don’t have to be a Popular Investor.
Top Copy Traders for August 2019
I looked at the stats available to see how they have been performing.
Previous Top Copy Traders
These are my Copy Trader picks from the previous months.
- Weeranut (May 2019)
- Marianopardo (May 2019)
- Rubymza (May 2019)
- Leojas (May 2019)
- Goldeneight (May 2019)
- Fortick (June 2019)
- Zschen (June 2019)
- Liscinsky (June 2019)
- Havelock (June 2019)
- Chrisgerrard (June 2019)
- H3pt0r (July 2019)
- GrePod (July 2019)
- EddieKH (July 2019)
- DeputytD (July 2019)
- MLPepe (July 2019)
Please note that I don’t copy anyone in my eToro profile. I have copied the above traders in my virtual account though.
This how they are comparing since I’ve recommended them. I’ve copied each trader with $500 in my virtual account. Once I have 20 traders, I’ll be doing a rolling top 20. The worst performers will then be removed from the list.
eToro Top Copy Trader Competition Results
At the end of July 2019, this is how the Traders are progressing.
The above chart doesn’t display the time vs profit calculation, giving an unfair advantage to those who I have been copying for longer periods. Below is a table showing the average return per month for the traders.
My Top eToro Copy Traders for 2019 might not be the same as yours. You need to look at your trading style to ensure that it aligns with what you’re looking for. There are literally millions of people you can copy on eToro. So this will help you copy the right eToro Copy Trader.
Finding the right trader is always an exciting activity. I highly recommend using the Virtual Account first to see how they trade. Look at copying a trader for over 6+ months. Waiting another month isn’t going to hurt your portfolio growth.
I would avoid any trader that has to shout out to people to copy their profile. Their stats should entice you to copy their portfolio, not what they say. Actions speak louder than words!
Below are the eToro Popular Investors that eToro believes you should be copying – do any of them make your list?